SPI User Space Interface

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 29 19:01:19 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-04-26 at 20:06 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hey, this is cool!
>
> What can we do to spibus to make it better?

It's been a while since I've worked with SPI on freebsd, but I remember
that it needs support for bus speed and SPI mode (clock polarity and
phase) on a per-chipsel basis.  They need to be in the request struct
sent down to the controller driver, because it's the device(-on-the-bus)
driver that knows the max speed for the device and the mode it expects
(although in my experience everything seems to use mode 3).

-- Ian