Crochet Patch Files

Reza Nikoopour rnikoopour at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 08:04:00 UTC 2015

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make some patch files for Crochet so I can have it build the
latest version of U-Boot.

I cloned my git repository of U-Boot then I changed the files I needed.
After that I ran < git diff > and created three different files containing
the patches (
https://github.com/rnikoopour/crochet/tree/Crochet-RPI-UBoot2015/board/RaspberryPi/files).
Then I put the files into  < boards/RaspberryPI/files >.

When I attempt to build it fails on the patch files and I get the following
error message in _.uboot.patch.log:

Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
> |index 36a9a28..0f53d64 100644
> |--- a/Makefile
> |+++ b/Makefile
> --------------------------
> Patching file Makefile using Plan A...
> Hunk #1 failed at 666.
> 1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to Makefile.rej
> done
> Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
> |index 36a9a28..0f53d64 100644
> |--- a/Makefile
> |+++ b/Makefile
> Patching file Makefile using Plan A...
> Hunk #1 failed at 666.
> 1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to Makefile.rej
> done

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for generating the
patch files?

Thanks,
Reza