Incorrect struct onfi_params definition

Ian Lepore ian at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 15 17:39:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 23:32 +0100, kristof at sigsegv.be wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> Here's my attempt at a cleaned up patch series.
>
> It doesn't include the delay modifications from your nand2.diff, as that
> didn't actually work for me.  On my OpenRD is appears that the time tick is
> started after the NAND initialisation, leading to infinite delays.

I'm interested in hearing more about this.  I don't quite understand
what you mean by "time tick is started after...".  The delay-related
changes should completely remove all use of clocks or timing.  What it
does instead is repeatedly issue "get status" commands to the chip until
the chip says it's done with the previous operation and ready to
continue.

The big advantage is that a DELAY(1000) will always wait a millisecond,
but modern nand chips are often ready to procede after just a few
microseconds.  It really helped bulk data throughput.

-- Ian