FreeBSD on the AP121 (AR9330)

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 27 21:25:23 UTC 2013

On 27 March 2013 14:15, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

>> Well, the only thing I can't really afford here is the -head
>> debugging. But it doesn't actually slim down things significantly.
>> I'll re-post the sizes later.
>
> Maybe if you posted the config file, I can tell you what you're missing.

I'll write up something soon.

But take a look at the AP91 config in sys/mips/conf/ . Comment out the
wifi side of things (the wlan* and ath* drivers) and rebuild. It's a
similar setup - 4MB flash, 16MB RAM. The kernel "partition" is 896kB
in size - the bootloader assumes everything squeezes in there.

I can send you some of this hardware if you'd like to play with. I
have big boxes of it at work.

Thanks,

Adrian