arswitch vlan support

Luiz Otavio O Souza lists.br at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 14:41:13 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've been working for a while to support vlans management on arswitch and
the result seems to work quite well.

I'd to change etherswitchcfg(8) again to better support port based vlans
setups.

There was a bug in arswitch_writereg() where the lsb/msb parts were written
in the wrong order and that was causing all kinds of instability. Fixing
that allows me to bring back the page code (which only change the switch
register page when needed) and also remove some previous workarounds.

Here are the patches (and urls if the list eat them):

http://loos.no-ip.org/switch/001-etherswitch-vid-valid.diff

Adds a flag to tell to etherswitch consumers when a vlangroup is valid (in
use, even when there are no members on the vlangroup).

http://loos.no-ip.org/switch/002-ip17x-vid-valid.diff

Add the support to report valid vlans and fix a few bugs (don't allow
change the vlan when working in port based vlan mode, don't allow setup the
same vlan id on different vlangroups).

Tested on RB433U (IP175D) and an old RB450 (IP1757C).

http://loos.no-ip.org/switch/003-rtl8366rb-vid-valid.diff

Report valid vlans for rtl8366 based switches (just a mechanical change,
i'll test the changes now that i have the hardware).

http://loos.no-ip.org/switch/004-arswitch-vlans.diff

Implement port and 802.1q vlan support for ar8x16 (and ar724x) based
switches. Fix the instability bug.

Tested on RSPRO (standalone ar8316), RB450G (standalone ar8316) and on
TPLink MR-3220 (ar7240 integrated switch).

Do you guys have suggestions, comments ?

Thanks,
Luiz