Updated switch/glue patch?

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Tue Dec 27 21:48:34 UTC 2011

More code, now actually working.  (Had problems with git merging.)

Please use this patch for my changes to iicbb.  Also gpiobus.c improvement for better panic messages.

rtl8366.c now will retry a failed PHY register access; it seems that sometimes, it just doesn't work on the first attempt (roughly 1 in 1000).  With this change, the API consumer never sees an error (about 30 minutes of max speed PHY register accesses in a tight loop, with WITNESS disabled for max. speed.)

Also, link status is now queried from the chip instead of from the PHY for the callout.  When running the ioctl, the PHY code gets executed.  The result of both is identical, so there should be no spurious link status changes.

The newest iteration can be gotten from:
https://gitorious.org/~stb/freebsd/stb-adrianchadd-freebsd-work (branch work/ath)
http://www.lassitu.de/freebsd/etherswitch-adrian.patch (patch against Adrians gitorious repo as of now)
http://www.lassitu.de/freebsd/etherswitch.tbz (all files)

The tbz includes all new and modified files, except for sys/conf/files/*, Makefiles, etc.  If you need the patch for that, please let me know.  Have a look at my or Adrians repo, they're in there as well.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811