geom_uncompress

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Fri Dec 23 12:05:11 UTC 2011

Very cool!

Am 23.12.2011 um 11:29 schrieb Aleksandr Rybalko:

> http://my.ddteam.net/files/geom_uncompress_2011-12-23_2.patch

In your original patch in February 2010, you supported only lzma.  In this version, your module supports both zlib and lzma compression.  Wouldn't it make more sense to replace geom_uzip, and integrate mkuzip and mklzma into a single utility?

I also faintly remember some bike shed about the original geom_uzip name.

The magic header definition should likely be in a common file, shared between the utility(s) and the geom module(s).

And a final nitpick: we really don't have a suitable crc32 function in the kernel already?

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811