Updated switch/glue patch?

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Thu Dec 22 11:55:17 UTC 2011

Am 22.12.2011 um 06:41 schrieb Adrian Chadd:

> On 21 December 2011 07:13, Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de> wrote:
>
>> I've replaced the generic PHY status poll with a custom one that uses the switch registers instead of the PHYs.  I've cloned your git and have started adding my changes to it (branch also named work/ath):
>> http://gitorious.org/~stb/freebsd/stb-adrianchadd-freebsd-work
>>
>> I tried a merge request, but gitorious didn't like it (at least at the top level).
>
> Cool! Can you please either figure out why that's the case, or just
> throw me some diffs?

It complains about the merge being too big to display in a browser?

Anyway, here's two diffs.  I believe you can track my tree by adding it to your local repository, and then merge it locally. That should be easier and less error prone than applying diffs.

> We should figure out how to merge stuff back into your tree to mine
> (and then propagate the changes back to you) so we don't have to face
> this when the changes are bigger.

I'm tracking your tree and merging changes into mine.  One option could be to allow me write access to your repo and let me stuff my changes into a branch there.

> After that's done, I'll work on you to tidy up the management utility.
> Then we can start merging in whatever's needed from zrouter, and start
> pushing this into -HEAD. I don't mind if it's a work in progress - at
> least something will be in the tree.

Cool!

I've got a WRT160NL here with an RTL8306S which I could write a driver for.  I started bringing FreeBSD up on that last night, but accidentally overwrote half my uboot.  Waiting for the JTAG adapter to ship...

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811