TL-WR1043: switch

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Mon Dec 12 10:43:52 UTC 2011

Am 12.12.2011 um 11:28 schrieb Adrian Chadd:

>>> Whats RTL8366RB_SGCR_EN_VLAN_4KTB do?
>>
>> The switch also supports a mode where theres a configuration per VID, so it can support all possible VIDs (1-4094).  I cna add the code, but I don't think it really adds that many real-world functionality.
>
> Well, as a network engineer of sorts, I'd like to be able to glue
> these devices into the full VLAN space. I have a habit at home of
> using VLANs in ranges, so I tend to use VLANs right up to 4000. :)
>
> How difficult does it look? Does it change how the VLANs are actually
> configured?

Are you using more than 16 distinct VLANs on these devices?  That's the limitation in "16 VLAN groups" mode.  You can still use any VID you'd like.

If you do need to have access to more than 16 distinct VLANs, then the full VLAN table mode would be necessary.

(I have five VLANs at home: cable modem, DSL, internal 9k MTU LAN, internal standard LAN plus wireless, and guest network. Even adding a few more for, say, the blueray player or VOD settop box, I can't see myself using more than 16.)

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811