why my nanobsd on CF boot very slowly? any advice? thanks.

Rick van der Zwet info at rickvanderzwet.nl
Fri Sep 25 05:24:44 UTC 2009

2009/9/24 Z G <boneandfat at gmail.com>:
> I write nanobsd of FreeBSD 8.0 BETA3 to CF card.
> CF is put into one industry PC with CF slot.
> After PC is powered on, it takes a very long time to really boot.

a) Could you give some pointers on what specific subset of the boot
process takes very long? Preferred format is to post the log messages
before, during and after the slow part of the boot.

b) As you are (obviously) trying the beta version I guess you have
also tried to boot with stable version RELENG_7_2 to check that the
slow boot process also occurs over there. This will give us pointers
whether it is some potential bug in RELENG_8.

/Rick
--
http://rickvanderzwet.nl