Came across some new boards

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Thu Oct 18 01:26:59 PDT 2007

Warner Losh wrote this message on Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 21:22 -0600:
> In message: <a0cbc9ea672b83081f2d3a0f58cad94b at jsreedinc.com>
>             <sr at jsreedinc.com> writes:
> : http://www.glomationinc.com/products.html look like some decent boards for
> : the price. I'm going to order one for the hell of it and see what I can do.
>
> Which one?  One of the Cirrus Logic ones, or the Samsung one?  The
> cirrus logic ones likely would be easy.
>
> : Also,
> : http://www.embeddedarm.com/epc/ts7400-spec-s.htm
> : I noticed at the bottom it says they support netbsd, could code be ported
> : from netbsd to FreeBSD?
>
> Yes.  There's a ts7200 port in p4 now.  There's some issues with the
> cpld and the ethernet last time I checked.  It's likely a little

Yeh... I never got around to finding out why ethernet did not work
reliably...  And no one from EmbeddedArm or Cirrus Logic was interested
in helping me out...  Having the ethernet port drop only some packets
(but not the ones to make nfs root unusable) made it anoying...  Even
though I was using the ported NetBSD driver, they simply said: works
on NetBSD tough luck...

> bitrotted now, but could be resurrected fairly easily.  What's really
> needed is someone to do the leg work.

Or some decent support to figure out why ethernet doesn't work...  If
you don't need ethernet working, then just updating the drivers to the
new io bus shouldn't be hard, and gets most things working..

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579