Need help running metricbeat

Henry henry95 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 03:38:29 UTC 2018

Versions:
FreeBSD 11.1
elasticsearch6-6.2.4
kibana6-6.2.4
beats-6.2.4_1 (Installed via ports)

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting metricbeat to start. I'm following this
guide:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/beats/metricbeat/6.2/metricbeat-configuration.html

I've updated /usr/local/etc/metricbeat.yml like so:
https://gist.github.com/henrymendez/58aec9901fb8b53894121be34805ce76

Steps I ran:
# metricbeat modules enable -c /usr/local/etc/metricbeat.yml
# sudo metricbeat setup -c /usr/local/etc/metricbeat.yml
*Exiting: Error loading Elasticsearch template: error creating template
from file /var/db/beats/fields.yml: open /var/db/beats/fields.yml: no such
file or directory*

I don't know where fields.yml is. I can copy a version of it from
https://artifacts.elastic.co/downloads/beats/metricbeat/metricbeat-6.3.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz,
into /var/db/beats, but then the next step fails.

# metricbeat setup -c /usr/local/etc/metricbeat.yml
Loaded index template
Exiting: Error importing Kibana dashboards: fail to import the dashboards
in Kibana: Error importing directory /var/db/beats/kibana: No directory
/var/db/beats/kibana/6

I can manually create that directory manually, but at this point I'm just
shooting in the dark to get this running. I'm probably doing something
dumb, but I'm not sure which guide or documentation to follow to figure out
what the issue is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Henry