How to make running java/devel-eclipse environment on FreeBSD 9?

Jimmy jimmy.kelley at charter.net
Mon Feb 4 14:11:20 UTC 2013

I have found that libxul (libxul 10) doesn't work for building the SWT libraries of the eclipse ports since that
distribution no longer includes the JavaXPCOM code needed for the SWT browser functions.  The eclipse ports will
"successfully" build, but as you notice some parts are missing;  the build_xxxxxx.log files down in the work area
will show you the errors that occured.

I've submitted PRs with patches attached to switch the eclipse and eclipse-devel ports from using libxul to using webkit-gtk2 for the
SWT browser stuff, and it works great for me.

  eclipse port:     	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=174846&cat=
  eclipse-devel port:	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=175826&cat=

Hopefully this will get things working for you.

Jimmy