Eclipse Galileo 3.5

Andrey andrey.kosachenko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 14:32:39 UTC 2009

Hi, ken,

looks like you faced to some specific issue(s), because it (plugins
installation/update) does work fine for me (i386, FreeBSD 8.0, kde4.3.1,
Eclipse 3.5.0). I also used Steph's patch. The only difference I kept
both versions: legacy and new one (i.e. repocopy java/eclipse  ->
java/eclipse-devel -> Steph's patch -> standard biuld/install procedure).

# pkg_info -E 'eclipse-*'
eclipse-3.4.2_1
eclipse-devel-3.5.0.I20090611.1540

And honestly speaking I've not touched legacy version since then. The
only issue I've noticed is sporadic errors of PDT plugin, though others
(CDT, Ruby, EPIC, etc.) work fine here.

BTW: still no luck to get it built on amd64 :(. However in the light of
the last Steph's post looking forward to 3.5.1

--
WBR,
Andrey Kosachenko