Eclipse 3.3.1 build

Mike Bowie mbowie at buzmo.com
Tue Oct 16 22:25:44 PDT 2007

Greg,

Have you had a chance to take a look at Ken's 3.3.1 port?  I've been
using it for a couple of days now and so far it's certainly as groovy as
the 3.3 that we have in eclipse-devel.

What do you think about kicking eclipse-devel up to 3.3.1?  From what I
can see, 3.3.1 is the current release on eclipse.org and it sure would
be nice to be even that little bit closer to getting in step with their
releases.

As Ken mentioned, 3.3.1 doesn't need launchersrc.zip, which I'm sure
you'll agree is a good step forward.  Ken has identified a couple of
minor issues with it, but as it turns out, they all appear to be in the
3.3 build too.

I know 3.3 only just made it into cvs and it does seem a shame to stomp
if so swiftly, but I think 3.3.1 is more desirable candidate for
eventual merge into java/eclipse.

OT: Nice switcheroo on the Makefile for 3.3... works like a charm!

Let me know your thoughts,

Mike.