Eclipse 3.3 plug-ins not working

PeterSteele psteele at maxiscale.com
Mon Oct 15 06:45:43 PDT 2007

Ken Yamada wrote:

>   Peter, would you inform your environment (OS, JVM)?

My apologies for the late reply. My original email bounced after several
days (a problem on our end) so I assume you did not get it.

I am using FreeBSD 6.2 (under VMware Workstation 6.0). The Eclipse 3.3 build
appears to need two JVMs, 1.6 and 1.5. I successfully built a 1.6 JVM first
using the instructions provided in /usr/ports/java/jdk16 (the specific
version is jdk-1.6.0.1p1_5). The 1.5 JVM I am using is the one installed as
part of the Eclipse build, namely diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01. The build
completes successfully but plug-ins do not work as expected. I cannot
connect to an update site directly, instead I have to download the zip file
and install the plug-in from that. The only other problem I've seen is the
Subclipse plug-in doesn't appear to work after it is installed. It runs but
when I try to point it to a repository it says it can't find a repository at
the indicated URL. The same URL works fine in Eclipse 3.3 under CentOS
(Linux).