DTrace: stack() does not print kernel module functions for i386

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 11 22:52:59 UTC 2014

On 10/11/2014 09:52, Rui Paulo wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2014, at 23:06, Shrikanth Kamath <shrikanth07 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Konstantin/Rui, I did pull up this thread
>> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-amd64/2010-June/013034.html
>> where it was discussed, should I file a bug report?
>
> Yes, please file a bug report.
>
>> In any case I was
>> trying to clarify that whether ET_DYN or ET_REL the offset adjustment
>> needs to be done true or not?
>
> Regarding the thread you pointed out... Maybe Andriy can clarify if he already worked on this before.

As I recall (and the mentioned thread seems to confirm it) I encountered
the problem on amd64 and I fixed it there.  I never knew that there was
any problem like that on other platforms including i386.
This is the first time I hear about that.  So, obviously I did not do
any work or any testing on other platforms.
Please feel free to test and fix.

--
Andriy Gapon