Patch for the trap handler and some test list sanity

Jeff Ford jeff.ford at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 18:47:45 UTC 2013

Anton Rang and I did some DTrace work for Isilon that we're trying to get
back into FreeBSD, but neither of us is a committer - here's the first one.

This moves the check for dtrace trap handlers into the low-level exception
handler to prevent recursive entry when the trap routine is instrumented.
This fixes several tests which previously panicked including
cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/dtrace/test/tst/common/safety/tst.basename.d.
The fix is AMD64 only – neither of us has had time to make changes to i386
code as we don’t use it here.

Also this includes updates to the Makefile for the DTrace tests to
categorize which ones pass, which ones fail, which ones aren’t safe to run
at all, and which ones sometimes pass and sometimes fail. The list should
be correct for both AMD64 and i386. This makes “make”, “make ignore”, and
“make flaky” safe to run in /tools/test/dtrace.

Jeff

--
Jeff Ford
Redmond, WA