Changing igb to foo in if_igb.c

Nomad Esst noname.esst at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 28 05:57:42 UTC 2013

>Why don't you use ifconfig igb0 name foo0 to do that?
>
>You can use rc.conf's ifconfig_igb0_name="foo0" to do that >automaticly
>on boot everytime.
>
>--
>John-Mark Gurney                Voice: +1 415 225 5579

Thank you. Because of two reasons, first I'm studying how to writing device drivers for FreeBSD and doing something like "Changing igb to foo in if_igb.c" could be very useful, second I want to change this name every where e.g. sysctl. Besides that doing this in rc.conf causes an extra boot time, and we are trying to decrease boot time. Please help about doing this job ...