Drivers for my PC

Soumendra Ganguly soumendraganguly at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 06:56:58 UTC 2013

Respected driver developers,
                                 I recently bought a notebook (hp pavilion
15-e006tu) which came with FreeDOS. I installed FreeBSD 9.2 (amd64) on it
(using dvd1.iso *), removing FreeDOS and later noticed that the Wi-Fi is
not working. Then I checked the list of hardwares supported by FreeBSD 9.2
(which I should have done prior to installing the OS) and found out that
some of the components of my PC are not in the list. For example the Wi-Fi
adapter (RalinkTech VQF-RT3290), the Bluetooth adapter (same model name as
the Wi-Fi adapter, Ralink VQF-RT3290), and I do not even know if the
Ethernet interface is supported. Later I realized that since the Wi-Fi
adapter is not recognized, the FreeBSD installation said something like -
'no configurable NIC found' (or something similar, I hope you know what I
mean). I really want to use FreeBSD. My other computer has Windows and
Ubuntu on it. I want to port some of my code to FreeBSD. What to do? Please
help! I do not know how to write drivers (I would love to be able to
though) ! Help, please!

* I converted the iso to a usb installation medium to install FreeBSD. I
have created an image of the flash drive using dd(1) on ubuntu and saved it
to my external hard drive for future use.

Thank you. I will be really grateful if someone helps.