Drivers and firmware for an Intel WiFi 1000 series network card

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Tue Mar 15 00:20:33 UTC 2011

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html
> has a full description.
>
> If you have done this already and are still having problems someone
> more familiar with the iwn driver will probably have to help I'm
> afraid.
> possibly try posting the output of ifconfig -a and the dmesg output
> from when you loaded the modules.

> Vince

Thanks again. It turns out I was missing the "ifconfig wlan0 create"
step after loading the appropriate modules. (My wireless experience on
FreeBSD up to this point has been nil.) Putting it all together I've
managed to successful scan local networks.

I appreciate your efforts to get me through this.

Jesse