HP NC362i Dual Network Interface Driver.

Mikael Bååth mikaelbaath at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:44:42 UTC 2009

Hello drivergurus!

I'm facing a bit of a problem. Having bought HP DL160 G6 servers and
now I realize the NIC isn't supported by FreeBSD. The only expansion
slot available is being used by a RAID controller and needless to say,
I need a NIC working.

I have yet to find the time to dive into driver coding, but I guess
this is a golden opportunity to start. What would I need to get
started building a driver for the "HP NC362i" for FreeBSD? There are
already drivers for linux and Solaris(x86), so I'm guessing porting
one of thoose may be a simpler task.

If worst comes to worst I may have to go for SUSE, hoping to avoid that.

Regards
--
Mikael Bååth