Marvell 6145 SATA drivers for FreeBSD

Newsfeeds newsfeeds at downcrunch.com
Wed Apr 9 11:29:51 UTC 2008

 Hello,all!

   I download the  freebsd-working_module.tgz for my FreeBSD 7 and it works.But I want to install FreeNAS, you know, the current FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD 6.2,

I try to make the source at FreeBSD 6.2,  it failed, then I copy the mv.ko file from FreeBSD 7 to FreeBSD 6.2 or FreeNAS, and it dosen't work.

I found another patch at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=116010 for FreeBSD 6.2, but when I run the "patch < ata-chipset.c.diff", there are some errors show that the diff was been rejected, I thought the older version of the ata-chipset.c must be updated by the author, but he/she not mentioned that,  so I download a version near the diff's update time, and patch succeed, but run "make buildkernel" failed...

Best regards,

Newsfeeds

2008-04-09