Rum and rt73: Signal problems

David Naylor blackdragon at highveldmail.co.za
Sat Oct 13 00:52:16 PDT 2007

Hi.

I have a Canyon USB wireless stick that uses the rt73 chipset.  The problem
that I am having is that the device does not appear to be operating at full
strength (and does not appear to be able to change that).  It is reporting
the home wireless network as around -90 while the linux and windows drivers
(ndiswrapper for linux) report the signal strength at around -60.

Earlier linux drivers also had the same problem.  I tried using project evil
however it caused a kernel crash (can not remember the details).  I am
running FreeBSD-Current from about two months ago (I'm in the process of
updating).

Have a good weekend

David