GPIO

Joshua Hyatt j.dough at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:45:51 PDT 2007

I have a Soekris Net4801 computer running FreeBSD 6.2, which is an x86-based system using the AMD Geode SC1100 processor.  It has a number of GPIO connections directly connected to the processor that I am interested in using.

However, I am unfamiliar with writing a driver for FreeBSD, and all of my attempts thus far have resulted in failure.  There is a led driver that uses the SPIO of the SC1100 for FreeBSD that works, with the source code located at /usr/src/sys/dev/led/, but it is write-only.

If someone could guide me in adding a function to read the status of the gpio connection to led.c, or has a better suggestion of how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joshua Hyatt