Updated Driver for 3945ABG Intel 3945ABG Wireless LAN controller

Benjamin Close Benjamin.Close at clearchain.com
Fri Jan 26 12:40:22 UTC 2007

Gilbert Cao wrote:
> <Snip>
> As I have posted a message here:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-January/140475.html
>
> I have put a custom version of mine from your last package here:
> http://www.bsdmon.com/download/20070121-wpi-freebsd.tar.gz
>
> What I have mainly done is to make the package compile and work (for me
> a least) on 6.2-RELEASE (and possibly other 6.x ?).
>
> Don't know if you will ignore it or not, but I feel like I should have post
> it here, anyway.
> As it works well, now for my daily uses (reading mail, surfing on the
> HTTP, playing Q3 ;), I may post some debug output, if needed, but I keep
> using 6.2, no -current.
> The post may be off topic, sorry ..
Hi Gilbert,
    Thanks for the custom version. I've integrated the changes into the
driver I'm working on.
For those wanting to test out the driver which is now fully up to date
with all change from NetBSD & OpenBSD - and has a few minor improvements
over them, grab it from:

http://www.clearchain.com/~benjsc/download/

File is: 20070125-wpi-freebsd.tar.gz

Full instructions on how to build / install the driver are in the README
in the tar file.

This should work both under -current and 6.2-Stable now.

Info about the driver and what's working/broken can be found at:

http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/wpi

Cheers,
    Benjamin