WOL suport in Broadcom 5721 (57XX)

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.name
Tue Dec 18 05:34:23 PST 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 04:24:22PM +0530, Krishna Kumar wrote:
>    Hi,

Hi,

why cross-posting to two lists?
I arbitrarily dropped freebsd-net.

>    I found the pages, but the WOL patch is not present for Broadcom
>    chipsets (BCM57XX).

No, it isn't.

>    I am struck at point where I am confused as to why it does not
>    work if it works with my operating system (linux based micro
>    kernel).

Because no one implemented WOL support for that driver in FreeBSD
and someone apparently implemented WOL support for that driver in Linux.

>    Somebody working on this?

I don't know of anyone working on this.

> In case yes, I can surely be of help.

I guess you get to be the one to start working on this :)

See http://marc.info/?l=freebsd-hackers&m=119602736908444&w=2

If you have further questions feel free to ask, but note that I
won't be able to answer questions specific to the BCM57xx chipset.

--
stefan
http://stsp.name                                         PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0