FreeBSD Kernel "Newbies"

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Dec 15 23:16:05 PST 2007

In message: <20071216064710.GY16982 at elvis.mu.org>
            Alfred Perlstein <alfred at freebsd.org> writes:
: * Sean Bruno <sbruno at miralink.com> [071215 10:42] wrote:
: > I noticed that the Linux folks have started up a "newbies" project
: > recently that allows mentoring and growth of new kernel programmers as
: > well as a conduit for manufacturers to get drivers written and bugs fixed.
: > http://kernelnewbies.org/
: >
: > Is there any interest in starting up such an endeavor in the FreeBSD
: > community?  I think I could spend ~10 hours a week on such a project,
: > but my kernel programming skills are mediocre at best.
:
: That would be interesting, to at least set up a mailing list
: for kernel-newbies at freebsd.org sort of like questions at freebsd.org
: but only for kernel questions.

I thought that's what this list was for...

Warner