SDHCI Device Driver (first steps)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Sep 18 10:05:43 PDT 2006

In message: <450ECC1C.6070005 at sashi.de>
            Marian Asokarajan <mail at sashi.de> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > In message: <450E571A.8030200 at sashi.de>
: > I too am working on the SD/MMC card stack.  I have one boot loader for
: > the AT91RM9200 working, and have been hacking on a quick and dirty
: > driver for that part, but it needs to have the transport layer
: > separated out from the MMC/SD protocol goo.  Maybe we can work
: > together to produce something that fits both our needs?
: Ofcourse, I'd love to help you out!
: My goal is to implement a SD-Bus on which the SD/SDIO drivers can
: attach to. My knowledge of FreeBSD Kernel is poor and at the moment I'm
: walking through driver sources of usb, trying to understand the
: (New-)Bus architecture (hope it's the right place?!).

Don't use usb driver as a good example of how to write FreeBSD driver
code.  It was ported from NetBSD badly.

pccard might be a better place to look.

: So if you still want to work with me ;-) , I could implement the bus
: interface on which your MMC/SD stack can attach to.

Sounds cool.

Warner