Find architecture specific man pages in man.cgi

Fernando Apesteguía fernape at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 3 15:04:07 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I'm trying to access the pae(4) man page from the man.cgi interface at
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi. Looking just for "pae" with the
default search does not show any results:

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=pae&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+12.2-RELEASE+and+Ports&arch=default&format=html

The Architecture drop list only shows "All architectures". pae(4) is i386
specific (src/share/man/man4/man4.i386/pae.4) and I understand it should be
shown somehow.

After tinkering with the combos, I got this URL for a query and I noticed
the arch=default parameter. I changed that to arch=i386 but still I can not
get it to show the page.

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=pae&apropos=0&sektion=4&
manpath=FreeBSD+12.2-RELEASE+and+Ports&arch=default&format=html

Similar problems occur with other architecture specific man pages like
imx_wdog(4) for arm.

What am I missing?

Thanks!