Regarding AsciiDoctor and long lines

Marc Fonvieille blackend at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 12 12:45:12 UTC 2021

Le 10.02.2021 17:03, Daniel Ebdrup Jensen a écrit :
> Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with doing it like how manual pages work, ie.
> the one-sentence-per-line workflow, if I understand it.

One sentence per line makes the read of diff/commit logs really
difficult.  I gave up reading the commit logs because of that.
It's really a pain to find what changed without even talking about the
edition of a long non-wrapped line in an editor.
Some languages are very verbose, so we would end with very long lines.
For a such change seems so backward.

> I'll be re-working the handbook/x11 chapter to that at some point. :)

Please don't.

--
Marc