Is here common source format to produce mdoc and MarkDown?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 5 22:42:30 UTC 2021

  I understand, that my question is not about FreeBSD documentation exactly, but close enough. If I'm not right, sorry.

  I want to have both proper man page in mdoc format and fancy README in MarkDown for github & ko for my project. Content of these documents must be virtually the same and I don't want to edit same text twice in different formats each time when I want to change it.

  Is here any source format to render both MarkDown and mdoc?

  I understand, that mdoc is semantic format (it has "options" and "arguments" and such), and MarkDown is not...

  Maybe, mdoc to MarkDown converter? It is not best way, as mdoc is very tedious to edit, but better than nothing.

  Thank you!

--
// Lev Serebryakov