Google Season of Docs/WINE Handbook Chapter

Benedict Reuschling bcr at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 3 06:52:45 UTC 2020

Hello Aaron,

I'm glad that we have you writing the WINE chapter for us in this year's
Google Season of Docs. I look forward to working with you and the
community on bringing our WINE docs to a modern version of what's
possible with the software.

In the past, people have used WINE to either run games on FreeBSD that
are not available as a native port. Other uses include running business
applications on FreeBSD. It would be great if we could cover these if
possible. There may be some articles on the FreeBSD wiki or the Forums
about WINE where people have provided instructions on how to make these
work on FreeBSD. We can probably adapt some of that in your work,
provided they still work.

Happy writing...

Benedict