My Interest in participating translation projects

Benedict Reuschling bcr at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 12 18:22:45 UTC 2019

Hi,

thank you for wanting to help with translations. The FreeBSD Project
Primer [1] has all the information you are looking for to get started.
Begin with the "Quick Start" section [2] to set up your work
environment. Once you have that (if you get stuck somewhere along the
way, let us know), continue on to the "Translations" [3] and "PO
Translations" chapters.

I'd recommend starting with a small chapter so that you can see quick
results and don't get overwhelmed. There are also web tools that help
with the translation part of things that had some good results for other
language projects.

If you have further questions, get in touch and we'll try to help. You
can also find people on #bsddocs on IRC EFNet.

Regards,
Benedict

[1] https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/
[2]