Possible Error in Italian Handbook

Guido Falsi madpilot at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 28 08:11:58 UTC 2019

On 27/06/19 21:15, Alex Fegatilli wrote:
> Hi FreeBSD's Team
>
> I am a Computer Scientist Student, I am reading the FreeBSD Handbook in
> Italian Language
>
> In Chapter 3 "Unix Basic" paragraph 5 "Disk Organization" there are
> there words, I try to translate them in TL;DR :
>
> "The File Systems have a fixed dimension. If you create once file system
> and want to extend any partition, you need to back up your data, format
> and extend the partition"
>
> But in this link https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/disks-growing.html
> you can extend partitions without backup, rebuild file system etc...
>

> This is a mistake or I have not understood?

The official Italian handbook is outdated. It's a translation of an
older version of the handbook. The feature of growing disk has been
added at a later time and was not present at the time of translation.

There is a an effort to make a newer translation but it's going slowly.
Any help would be appreciated:

https://people.freebsd.org/~madpilot/ItalianTranslation/

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot at freebsd.org>