addrs capability of rtadvd?

Hiroki Sato hrs at allbsd.org
Tue Aug 20 07:27:13 UTC 2019

"Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net> wrote
  in <7A7874FA-E663-4EC9-B349-C46D32982BD1 at lists.zabbadoz.net>:

bz> On 17 Aug 2019, at 6:03, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
bz>
bz> > I am setting up ipv6, and going through the guide at:
bz> > https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-ipv6.html#idp71931000
bz> >
bz> > And noticed the addrs#1 property in the example.  I checked the
bz> > rtadvd.conf man page, and I do not see an entry for addrs.  Should
bz> > this be removed?  I also did a quick check of the rtadvd source code,
bz> > and I don't see a makeentry for addrs either.
bz> >
bz> > If no one objects, I'll remove it.
bz>
bz> Or replace it with a working example?  Would something like this work
bz> to even show multiple prefixes (beyond the handbook example)?
bz>
bz>   :addr=“2001:db8:4242:6666::”:prefixlen#64:\
bz>   :addr2="2001:db8:4242:1::”:prefixlen2#64:
bz>
bz>
bz> And yes, removing the “:addrs#1” from the handbook should be fine.

 I prefer to drop the rtadvd.conf configuration example in the
 handbook completely.  Adding a GUA on rl0 automatically makes
 rtadvd(8) to advertise the prefix.  It also works with multiple
 prefixes.

-- Hiroki