Suggestion to make choosing a nvidia driver easier

John Paul Wohlschied wohlschied at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 00:54:01 UTC 2018

To Whom it May Concern:

I couldn't find a place to edit the FreeBSD documentation, so I'm writing
this email.

I recently needed to install a driver for my nVidia graphics chip.. I
wasn't sure which of the three drivers to use. FreeBSD FAQ 11.16 covers
nVidia chips, but the link to nVidia site (
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_32667.html) wasn't very helpful. I was able
to figure out that my chip is supported by a legacy driver, but not which
one. Someone from the Project Trident Telegram group suggested.this link:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us. I was able to
quickly determine that I need nvidia-driver-340. I would suggest replacing
the first link with the link suggested by the Project Trident people.

Thanks,

John Paul Wohlscheid

Author of Don't Look a Gift Horse in the Mouth
<https://books2read.com/u/mvgA64>, Trouble is My Client
<https://books2read.com/u/b5OMj6>, Church Triumphant
<https://books2read.com/u/mdp7Rm>, and A Battle for the Faith
<https://books2read.com/u/38DgP6>