Translating FreeBSD Handbook to Farsi language

Edson Brandi ebrandi at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 29 17:38:41 UTC 2018

Hi Pejman,

First of all thks for your interest in helping us with the documentation.

> Hello,
> We are interested in translating FreeBSD Handbook to Farsi language. Are
> there any suggestions and guide lines for it?
> Thank you

The best way to start is to read the informations available at:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/translations.html
and
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/po-translations.html

These chapters will give you a good view about the process.

You should consider te usage of the .po files described at chapter 12
of FDP, it will make your live much easier.

You can send your initial translated files using our PR system, located at:

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/

[  ]'s Brandi
--
Edson Brandi
ebrandi at FreeBSD.org

OpenPGP Key: 0x209E9B54FFD3035B
443B 5363 564F 06C3 EA54  9482 209E 9B54 FFD3 035B