Status Update about effort to translate the FreeBSD Documentation from en_US to pt_BR

Danilo G. Baio dbaio at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 26 18:14:45 UTC 2018

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 02:25:41PM -0300, Edson Brandi wrote:
[...]
> Based on this finding, we decided to make the work of the volunteers
> even simpler and one of our volunteers builded a NLTK script that
> allowed us to extract the text contained in the msgid tags of an .po
> files and to translate them using Google Cloud Translation API,
> generating a new .po file that already have an initial translation at
> msgstr tags. T
>
> This simple procedure avoided a lot of manual work for our volunteers
> and have speedup the translation process a lot.

Hi.

Thanks kanazuchi for this idea.

It's important to say, texts that were translated automatically are marked as
fuzzy in the .po file.

And even if they aren't changed, they will never be translated with `make tran`
command.

This way we have these three levels on Zanata:

- Draft (yellow) - fuzzy text, all translators can work
- Translated (green) - when someone changes the draft text
- Approved (blue) - only a reviewer can change text to this state

Regards.
--
Danilo G. Baio (dbaio)