handbook TOC

Ernie Luzar luzar722 at gmail.com
Sun May 28 15:31:00 UTC 2017

Been working on updating a chapter in the English version of the
handbook. I deleted a section from the chapter.xml file and now keep
getting an error code 4 from the "make".

How is the TOC [table of contents] built?
Is it a file that contains all the chapter sect headers?
When I delete a section from a chapter do I also have to remove said
section header from some file that the build of the TOC uses?

The igor pgm  does not seem to test for open and close of sections
headers like it does for other tags. Is there some reason for this?