NFS documentation addition

Matthew Kelly canine.matt at gmail.com
Thu May 25 12:11:23 UTC 2017

Something I think should be added to the NFS section of the handbook is a
note that when setting up new shares or otherwise configuring your
/etc/exports, the order in which the services are started or restarted
matters. It took me a lot of time to figure that out (finally ending with
it being pointed out to me on the freebsd.org forums), but it isn't
mentioned anywhere in the NFS section of the handbook. The three daemons
are listed, but they aren't even listed in the order that they need to be
started.

So I would like to see that section of the handbook modified to either
explicitly state that they have to be restarted in the right order for NFS
to work, or to at least have the little daemon list reordered to
rpcbind>nfsd>mountd.

Thank you.