How I Maximized the Speed of My Non-Gigabit Internet Connection

Trev freebsd-doc at sentry.org
Wed May 17 00:53:26 UTC 2017

https://medium.com/speedtest-by-ookla/engineer-maximizes-internet-speed-story-c3ec0e86f37a

"Once assembled, I installed PFSense 2.3 for handling the actual
routing. For those who haven’t used PFSense, it’s an incredible routing
operating system that is based on FreeBSD. It easily met the
requirements above, and vastly surpassed them. I was able to apply
CodelQ AQM shaping to outbound traffic to prevent bufferbloat, along
with splitting the ISP provided IPv6 /60 into /64’s for my 3 VLANs."