/etc/rc.conf - https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-dhcp.html

kristian.e.anderson at gmail.com kristian.e.anderson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 20:50:29 UTC 2016

Hey all,

In section 28.6.1 Configuring a DHCP Client I noticed that my particular installation didn’t have an rc.conf. I grabbed a vhd of FreeBSD 11.0-RC3 r305786.

After using vi to create one I then rebooted my system and it worked like a charm. Previously I had thought that ya’ll meant for me to use /etc/defaults/rc.conf so I had been previously using that one.

Somebody may want to jot in a NOTE about if a rc.conf is missing then create one.

Hope to see the change just in case others wonder about this.

Thanks!

~Kristian