Checking FreeBSD kernel with static analyzer

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Feb 18 14:33:27 UTC 2016

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016, Fehmi Noyan ISI via freebsd-doc wrote:

> Hi Svyatoslav,
> Seems like an interesting report!
>
> Wonder if all those findings will be submitted in the form of bug reports or email to individual developers working on the particular project that the bug is addressed.

Developers have been reviewing it for the last few days.  This review
was initially limited to committers in case there were any security
surprises that needed to be addressed.  That was my idea, and possibly
not necessary.

Some of the reported items have been identified as actual bugs and
fixed, and some have been identified as false positives.

The review will be opened up to everyone in the next few days.

I can speak for many when saying we appreciate this review and want to
thank PVS for providing it.