Community links (was Re: Correction on jails-build page?)

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Oct 23 15:32:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, 22 Oct 2014, Daniel Schuler wrote:

> By the way, I?m currently getting into FreeBSD (from a long Linux
> background), and am really enjoying it. I wish I?d started working
> with FreeBSD sooner. If you could point me to an active community or
> other resource where I could contribute in some way, I would really
> appreciate it.

There are the mailing lists:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

The forums, recently revamped, have become more active:
https://forums.FreeBSD.org/

There is also a newsgroup, comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
The previous two are much more active.

There are also numerous channels on IRC.