Handbook and Jails outdated reference

Cédric WIKTORZAK cedric at synapse-interactive.fr
Mon Nov 10 14:42:34 UTC 2014

Hello,

The HandBook (in the 5.4.2 jails section) made a reference to a tool for jails management in FreeBSD port that is now abandoned. (sysutils/jailutils <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/sysutils/jailutils/pkg-descr>). http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/jailutils/ <http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/jailutils/>
The sysutils/jailutils <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/sysutils/jailutils/pkg-descr> author website is also dead : http://memberwebs.com/nielsen/freebsd/jails/jailutils/ <http://memberwebs.com/nielsen/freebsd/jails/jailutils/>
This section link to a bad URL : https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/sysutils/jailutils/pkg-descr?view=markup <https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/sysutils/jailutils/pkg-descr?view=markup>

Below the section where is the problem:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails-tuning.html <https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails-tuning.html>

I think we can remove this part of the handbook
OR
advise the reader to read about these 2 tools that are now the most actively used for the management of jails : ezjail and cbsd

Note that the following section (15.5) already provides a quick ezjails introduction.

Thank you.
WIKTORZAK Cédric.