This may help freebsd.doc?

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 19 18:44:17 UTC 2014

On 19 Mar 2014, at 18:43, Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-lists at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:

> velocidade da luz <assembler914 at outlook.com> writes:
>
>>> From: assembler914 at outlook.com
>>> To: freebsd-doc at freebsd.org
>>> Subject: This may help freebsd.doc?
>>> Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 20:00:27 +0300
>>>
>>> Using Google Translate, I am active on several nationality-specific
>>> platforms, includingthe Dutch, Spanish, Brazilian, French and
>>> Russian Ubuntu forums, as well as the Italian and
>>> internationalOpenMandriva forums, where my username is assembler;the
>>> German Ubuntu forum, where my username is assembleur;the Spanish
>>> FreeBSD mailing list, where I'm known as Jorge Luis Carvalho
>>> Santos;FUG-BR (the Brazilian chapter of the FreeBSD Users' Group).A
>>> user of the German Ubuntu forum told me that my writing style is the
>>> style he wanted to have and that my style is easily translated by
>>> Google in all other languages ​. My native language is (Brazilian)
>>> Portuguese. My working method is to copy and paste the text I want
>>> to translate into Google Translate:
>>> https://translate.google.com.br/.
>>> This may help freebsd.doc?If not, what I should  learn to help freebsd.doc?

>> because no one responds?
>
> There is a Brazilian Portuguese documentation group, but it's fairly
> quiet for a country with such an active userbase. Those are the people
> with whom to check, I would think.

Also please note that smacking the text through Google Translate is likely to give.. awkward
translations. As far as I know none of the translation projects actually use Google Translate
to do the translations. As one of the two doc_NL members, I can state for sure that we do not
use that. And I would not consider it at all given the … strange translations it generates.

Thanks
Remko

--

/"\   Best regards,                      | remko at FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko at EFnet