<application> appearance in HTML

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Mon Jun 30 03:39:58 UTC 2014

Erich Dollansky wrote:

> I would keep it and I would keep it as bold. I would only recommend a
> consequent use of it. Using bold helps to find important locations a
> bit faster without reading the whole sentence.
> The moment the highlighting will only be used for the application and
> not for the manufacturer, it will be very helpful for the reader.

Sorry, I missed this message until posting the link to the thread in the
commit message.

A problem with highlighting in general is that too much of it hides
detail.  Some sections of our documents look like "poison pen" letters due
to all the highlighting.

For now, let's try letting application names just be pointed out by
capital letters.  If that does not work, we can try something else.