HOWTO articles for migrating from Linux to FreeBSD, especially for pkg?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 18 21:45:25 UTC 2014

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014, Matthew Seaman wrote:

> On 07/18/14 15:14, Allan Jude wrote:
>> So you mean like, a phpmyadmin-apache-config metapackage, that depends
>> on apache and phpmyadmin, but installs an enabled, working config?
>
> Exactly.

Here at MIT, our Athena systems have something like 40 different config
packages to customize the configuration of our (Debian/Ubuntu-based)
systems.  Our Debathena project makes such heavy use of configuration
packages that very early on, we wrote some infrastructure to make it
easier to create and manage them:
http://debathena.mit.edu/config-packages/

I would love to see a similar toolkit for FreeBSD.

-Ben