10.0 Release Notes section 2.2

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 21 01:02:11 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 09:45:45PM +0100, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Thanks for the reports (everyone who reported problems).
>
> The link to the raspberry pi instructions is old.
>
> In the rel-notes:
>
> http://kernelnomicon.org/?p=164
>
> Better (still somewhat out of date) link:
>
> http://kernelnomicon.org/?p=275

Thank you for the info.

I am hesitant to update the page (more than *critically* required) for
this.  Since the first link has the link to the updated version, albeit
still not quite current, I think the URL might be best left alone.

The problem is (to explain my hesitation) that I'm working off
uncommitted changes to the releng/10.0/release/doc/ files.  It is not
that I do not *want* to commit the changes -- it is that I *cannot*
commit the changes.  Unfortunately.

The best that I can do at this point to keep a record of these changes
in the repository is r260922.  While, technically, I can propose an
update for the releng/10.0/ branch, this qualifies neither as a security
advisory or an errata notice (in the strictest sense that neither the
source code for the userland or kernel are affected).

Glen